G E N E R A L I N F O R M A T I O N
C h a i r m a n : Fuad Fatullayev
D e p u t y C h a i r m a n : Vurghun Jafarov
D e p u t y C h a i r m a n : Faig Fattahov
The history of Student Youth Organizations in Azerbaijan is tied to the Decree «On the approval of actions plan relating to the development of works with youth and students in the Republic of Azerbaijan» of the Head of President Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev dated 15th of February 2005, No. 41. In relation to the execution of that Decree, for the purposes of the performance of obligations imposed on the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Minister of Education Misir Mardanov issued the Order «On the approval of actions plan relating to the development of works with youth and students in the Republic of Azerbaijan» dated 28th of February 2005, No. 89. The process of establishment of student youth organizations at all state and non-state educational institutions commenced since that time.
Structure of SYO of Azerbaijan State Marine Academy :
Chairmen and deputy chairmen of Departments :
1.”Shipboard electronic equipment” department, a student of the group No. 364 A 1 Nijat Najafli Niyazi Ahmadov 365 R deputy chairman of the department Tural Isgandarzada 385 A deputy chairman of the department
2.”Shipboard mechanics“ department, a student of the group No. 195 A 2 Sahibli Sultan Salim Pashazada 185 A deputy chairman of the department Parviz Isayev 185A deputy chairman of the department
Azhdar Javadov 206 R deputy chairman of the department
Bakarov Valimad 206 R deputy chairman of the department
Management Board of SYO of Azerbaijan State Marine Academy :
1. Fuad Fatullayev
2. Vurghun Jafarov
3. Faig Fattahov
4. Sahib Sultanli
5. Abbas Aliyev
Chairman of Human Resources department - Aytaj Aliyeva, a student of the group No. 185 A of "Shipboard mechanics", deputy chairmen - Aliyev Alivahid, a student of the group No. 196 and Shamilzada Elmaddin, a student of the group No. 185A. Human Resources department keeps records of members of the organization, performs admission of new members, ensures participation of students in various events, provides the effectiveness of works performed by the relevant persons in all projects and organizing committee.
Chairman of the Sports society- Ali Rzayev, a student of the Group No. 195 R of "Shipboard mechanics" department, deputy chairman - Faraj Fazilov, a student of the Group No. 186 R.
The Sports Society – is mainly engaged in organization of sports competitions within the Academy.
Chairman of academic affairs department : İslam İsmailzada, a student of the Group No. 195 R of "Shipboard mechanics" department, provides organization of academic events and knowledge competitions.
Chairman of Project Affairs department - Rasul Shahbazov, a student of the Group No. 206 R of "Navigation engineering" department. The Project Affairs department considers all cases relating to planning of all type events and competitions.
The main objective of SYO is to represent and defend the interests of students and each student separately in the direction of implementation of state youth policy, to ensure their active participation in the socio-political, cultural, social and economic life of the republic. The main objectives of the organization are :
- performance of activities for solution of social problems of students ;
- performance of activities in respect of enlightenment among students ;
- organization of effective leisure time of students ;
- ensuring protection of students' rights ;
- ensuring participation of talented and creative students in competitions, Olympiads, exhibitions and festivals held within and outside the Republic ;
- taking preventive actions against drug addiction, alcoholism, crime, immorality and other adverse trends among students ;
- arranging meetings with student participation in competitions, workshops, festivals, forums, meetings, exhibitions, campaigns, roundtables, scientific conferences, training courses, massive propaganda campaigns, discussion clubs, discussions, symposia, and prominent persons ;
- publication of newspapers and magazines in order to provide information on student and youth events, as well as on the events in the socio-political, socio-economic and cultural life of the republic ;
- organizing associations, studios, clubs, courses, services to ensure students' interests, tendencies and intellectual development ;
- studying the problems of the students and to raising of issues before the Academic Council for the adoption of relevant decisions and to raise the issue of leadership in the institutions of higher and secondary vocational education ;
- obtaining information from relevant subdepartments and departments (faculties) on the number of students, their class attendance, discipline and hostel provision ;
- performance of other obligations not prohibited by legislation.
There are over 30,000 young student members of the Student Youth Organization, which unites at the Union of Student Youth Organizations of Azerbaijan and which encompasses more than 96 high and specialized secondary education institutions.